RICCPICS

August 31st, 2016
No Comments

 

Cette maison de ferme avec sa grange de pierre du 19e siècle est l’un des plus beaux exemples d’architecture traditionnelle de Nouvelle-France. Achetée en 1668, elle a accueilli les Filles du Roy, ces jeunes orphelines venues de France pour trouver mari et peupler la colonie. L’édifice actuel, datant de 1698, a été restauré en 1966, pour ensuite être converti en musée patrimonial.

With its 19th-century stone barn, this farmhouse is one of the finest examples of traditional New France architecture. Maison St-Gabriel initially hosted Les Filles du Roy ( “King’s Wards” ), the orphaned young women sent from France to find husbands and populate the colony. The current structure, which dates back to 1698, was restored in 1966 and turned into a heritage museum.

Maison-St-Gabriel-07

Maison-St-Gabriel-00

Maison-St-Gabriel-0

Maison-St-Gabriel-01

Maison-St-Gabriel-02

Maison-St-Gabriel-03

Maison-St-Gabriel-04

Maison-St-Gabriel-05

Maison-St-Gabriel-06

Four-à-Pain-01

Maison-St-Gabriel-08

Maison-St-Gabriel-09

Maison-St-Gabriel-10

Parc-Marguerite-Bourgeoys-0

Parc-Marguerite-Bourgeoys-2